While sitting with my friend in a restaurant in Chicago two weekends ago, we discussed Lululemon’s goal setting worksheet. I scoured Pinterest to find it, but discovered another goal setting worksheet that I felt would be a good exercise. It was all downloaded and ready to go, but I put it off. Yesterday, I was in a large work meeting lasting several hours. Our VP shared a concept I had heard before. “A person over estimates what they can accomplish in a short amount of time, but under estimates what they can accomplish in a long amount of time.” This was the wake up call I needed to try to get myself in order. I love my daily to do lists, but what the hell am I doing with my life?
So, to get this project started, I need to describe how I feel now, how I want to feel and the action I can make to accomplish that. Then identify the top 3 on the list and state of things are monthly, weekly or daily tasks.
- I feel tethered to financial responsibility: Financially free. Stick to a budget with healthy and reasonable financial goals. D
- I feel like I am aging more rapidly than I want: I want my skin and hair to reflect health. Take vitamins. Eat a plant based diet. Exercise more. Drink lots of water. Budget for a beauty regimen. D
- I feel lonely when I think about how far away my family is: I want to feel connected to my family. I want to build closer relationships. Write more letters. Utilize long weekends. Call your family. M
- I feel overweight: I want to feel confident in the way I look. Take vitamins. Eat a plant based diet. Exercise more. Drink lots of water. D
- I don’t feel creative: I to keep this part of myself alive. Start blogging. Take more photos. Create workout plans or yoga flows. Garden. W
- I feel frustrated with my romantic life: There is way too much to even write here.
- I feel like I am on the precipice of a large amount of work at work: I want to feel like I have work under control and that I am succeeding. Get organized. Set boundaries. Work efficiently. D
- I feel I can be overbearing: I want to feel like I receive as much as I dish out. Shut up once in a while. D
- I feel overwhelmed at times with things I need to do. I want to feel free to just relax. Create manageable to do lists. W