Mister Man and I got back from Punta Cana last weekend. It was a wonderful trip. I think we learned a lot about each other while spending time with his best friend and his wife. JD ended up taking all of the pictures. This is the only one I got is this one:There are things I love and hate about vacation. About 3/4 of the way through we made a list of all of the things we wanted to continue in real life.
- Walking everywhere: On a sprawling resort, one can take many steps in a day. We got in our 5 miles a day going to the workout building, breakfast, lunch, dinner, up the beach, down the beach and everywhere in between. I have decided to spend more time walking instead of driving.
- Television: We didn’t turn on the tv once. It was nice to get our entertainment from late night shows, dinner with friends or reading.
- Fresh fruit in every meal: On an island, tropical fruit is everywhere and we ate a lot of it.
- Getting to know strangers: JD and I do this anyways, but it is a nice thing to continue.
And then there were the things that we realized we did miss about our real life:
- My cooking: I love to cook. I also get very sick from not eating well.
- Speaking just one language: The spanish thing was fun, but by the end of the trip, I was speaking spanglish and I wanted to just think in one language.
- No alcohol: I drank so many pina coladas, mud slides, screwdrivers….I just wanted some good ole fashioned water.
- Space: Mister Man is so wonderful, but spending 7 days in a tiny room with another human being becomes a tight squeeze. That being said, since we have returned, I miss him so much.
What things do you love and hate about vacation?